Maybe its because I am poor and I can’t do without the internet. I tend to search endlessly for cheap data plans and promotional offers. Coming off the back of the ongoing MTN Deal Zone offer(for select customers) is this new initiative by MTN tagged mPulse. Today’s post is about how you can remove the restriction place on MTN mPulse special data bundle that prevents you from using it to browse all websites. Before we proceed, let me quickly let you into the world of MTN mPulse and its benefits.
What is mPulse!
mPulse is a service from MTN which equips young Nigerians between the ages of 9 and 15 with all the resources they need to maximize their potential and be all they want to be. The service has two features: the mPulse tariff and the mPulse website.
The mPulse tariff gives students lots of freebies including N200 airtime birthday gift, Data Bonus and free WhatsApp for 7 days. Students can join the mPulse tariff by dialling *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM. Parents can link their child’s numbers (which are on mPulse tariff plan) to theirs and set automatic weekly or monthly airtime and data transfers to them. For more information on benefits of the mPulse tariff please visit the FAQ. You can sign up to the website for free as a student or parent.
MTN mPulse benefits
- • 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on the first recharge in a month.
- • Data Bonus on the first recharge.
- • N200 airtime reward on your birthday
- • Certified preparation materials for Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
- • Past Questions and Answers on Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
- • Youtube Tutorial videos on a wide variety of topics: Technology, Programming, Leadership, Vocational Skills, Entrepreneurship, Language, etc.
- • Exciting single-player and multi-player games
- • Trending music and sports videos
- • Buy mPulse data plans
- • Migrate your MTN line to mPulse tariff plan
What do registered parents tend to get on MTN mPulse?
A. You will gain access to the following:
- • View your child’s activities on the website
- • Share airtime and data with your child
- • Monitor and Control what websites and apps your child can access
|mPulse Benefits and Migration at a glance|
SMS: mPulse to 131
|Calls||15k/sec to all Networks|
|SMS||N4 to all Networks|
|Special Data Bundle
(for mPulse website ONLY but I use it for all website)
|• 350MB Weekly plan @ N50
• 1.2GB Monthly plan @ N150
|MTN mPulse special Add-Ons/benefits||• N200 airtime reward on your birthday
• Special Data bundles to browse on mPulse Web and App.
• FREE 30MB on your first access to mPulse website.
• Data Bonus on the first recharge.
• 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on your first recharge in a month.
• Weekly or Monthly Airtime/Data allowance from linked Parent
What is MTN mPulse special data bundle?
MTN mPulse special data bundle is part of the benefits derivable from migrating to MTN mPulse tarriff plan. On MTN mPulse special data bundle, you get 350MB worth of data @ N50 valid for 7 days. Also, you can get 1.2GB worth of data at #150 for 30 days. Be aware that there are just this two data plans on MTN mpulse. You either do the monthly or weekly.
Who is Eligible for MTN mPulse special data bundle?
Unlike most other promos by MTN, this plan is available without any biases. I mean, be your old, new or prospective MTN subscriber, you will be able to enjoy this. Once you migrate to MTN mpluse, you will automatically be eligible for MTN mPulse special data bundle.
How do I migrate to MTN mPulse Plan?
A. To migrate to mPulse plan, simply do any of the following:
- • Dial *344*1#
- • Alternatively, Send ‘mPulse’ to 131
- • Also, you can download MyMTNApp, go to tariff plan and select mPulse
How do I subscribe to the mPulse weekly and monthly special data bundle plan?
To subscribe to any of the MTN mPulse Special Data bundle do any of the followings:
- • For Weekly bundle of 350MB, send 350 to 344
- • For Monthly bundle of 1.2GB, send 351 to 344
- • Dial *344# and then, select data bundle of choice from the menu.
- • From mPulse website, from the drop-down menu of student dashboard, select data bundle of your choice from the list of bundles.
How do I check my MTN special data bundle balance?
You will be able to check your data bundle balance via the following channels:
- • You can check your special data bundle by dialling *559*93# or by following the prompt on *344#
- • MyMTNApp