I decide post the tutorial so that a lot of people can fallow those steps to flash their dead phones or stock at boot loop of MTK phones such as Tecno, Infinix, Gionee etc.
Disclaimer: Don’t flash another preloader and DSP_BL blocks! It is always dangerous! On some models of phones you will have a brick even if you download these blocks read from a phone which you own! Always remove from them marks in SPFT! ALWAYS have a working backup of your original ROM before you flash a new unknown ROM. Asuktek take no responsibility for any harm done while attempting this!
Read post here before you continue.
- Download MTK drivers here.
- Download SP Flash tool here.
- Download Stock Rom of the device you want to flash here.
- Laptop or Desktop Computer.
- USB Cable for communicating between PC and Smartphones.
Steps to flash your mtk devices
- Extract SP Flash tool using winrar or any compressing application you have and lunch it by double clicking on flash tool.exe.
- Click scatter loading on the software and navigate to the folder of the rom you just downloaded and click on your phones scatter file.
- Untick preloader on the file list becouse it was not necessary only tick if the device is completely dead
- Untick DSP-BL appeared on Sp Flash tool only if flashing old MTK phones like mt6572, mt6577.
- Now click download button.
- Disconnect your phone if connected with USB to the PC, and turn OFF the phone completely, also take out the battery if possible (ignore this step 1, for phones with built in battery).
- Now connect or reconnect the USB cable to the phone with the PC while the phone is still off, Windows should pop up and begin to install the MTK65XX Preloader Drivers, this only happens if you installed the Mediatek Preloader USB Drivers correctly in Windows. After they successfully installed, disconnect the USB cable again.
- Hold down volume up or volume down for easy detection.
- Once the phone is detected red line be shown at the buttom of the flash tool fallowed by yellow line.
- when the flashing process is completed a tick will appear on the screen. then insert your battery and switched on the phone.
Note that if your phone stays at boot loop (power on and off) just remove the battery and enter recovery mode then wipe cache and wipe all data it will be ok.
To enter recovery mode just hold volume down and power button while your phone is off dont release until 4 seconds after phone screen is on, when the android logo appeared just press volume down and menu will appear then nevigate and do factory reset.
If SP Flash tool encountered an error goto here and see if we can help.