On this day in 1998; Nigerian dictator General Sani Abacha died of a heart attack, despite reports that he had been poisoned with an apple from an unknown Indian mistress.
Also on this day in 1997; The Cobra militia of former President Denis Sassou-Nguesso took control of the centre of Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Equally on this day in 1994; Two months after the start of the carnage in Rwanda, the UN Security Council approved the dispatch of 5 500 peacekeepers with a timid mandate to protect humanitarian aid but not to stop the slaughter.
And on this day in 1990; ANC leader Nelson Mandela sais in Geneva, Switzerland, that SA’s Black population was prepared to suffer the consequences of sanctions in order to have apartheid eradicated.
More from my site
- Meet the Nigerian who created an electricity generator powered by water.
- Shah Rukh Khan has been Arrested in the US:
- OPINION: Half A Billion For The Upgrade of Old Government House? Governor Masari, No Please! By Mustapha Saddiq
- Why the niger delta avengers’ agitation remain undefeated.
- Zaria Mass Killings: Over 200 Muslim Leaders To Meet In Abuja
- Three best moments that made Muhammad Ali the Greatest
- Sambo Dasuki accused of illegal arms importation, assassination attempts.
- Former President Jonathan Escape death.
- Bayelsa Police Reveals Who Attacks GoodLuck.
- Reserch In Motion (Blackberry) to release Android powered phone Before End of this year.
No related posts.