Hi today i will show you how you can delete stubborn files in your windows computer. Most of the time we encounter such problem mostly coused by virus to delete a file it gives an error of it just come back.
Below are the steps to fallow to delete undeleatable files.
- Open a Command Prompt window and leave it opened.
- Close all opened programs.
- Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE.
- Go to the Processes tab and locate Explorer.exe and click End Process.
- Leave Task Manager opened.
- Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other undeletable file) is located in.
- At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish to delete.Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell.Close Task Manager.
- Open Notepad.exe
if you dont know how to open notepad you can right click then go to new and wait for the menu to appear then click on notepad.
- Click File>Save As..>
- locate the folder where ur undeletable file is choose ‘All files’ from the file type box.
- click once on the file u wanna delete so its name appears in the ‘filename’ box.
- put a ” at the start and end of the filename
(the filename should have the extension of the undeletable file so it will overwrite it).
- click save,
- It should ask u to overwrite the existing file, choose yes and u can delete it as norma
Below is an explain in detail way to do it for newbies.
3. Type: command
4. To move into a directory type: cd c:\*** (The stars stand for your folder)
5. If you cannot access the folder because it has spaces for example Program Files or Kazaa Lite folder you have to do the following. instead of typing in the full folder name only take the first 6 letters then put a ~ and then 1 without spaces. Example: cd c:\progra~1\kazaal~1
6. Once your in the folder the non-deletable file it in type in dir – a list will come up with everything inside.
7. Now to delete the file type in del ***.bmp, txt, jpg, avi, etc… And if the file name has spaces you would use the special 1st 6 letters followed by a ~ and a 1 rule. Example: if your file name was bad file.bmp you would type once in the specific folder thorugh command, del badfil~1.bmp and your file should be gone. Make sure to type in the correct extension.